Full Time Executive Assistant
We seek an Executive Assistant for our client, Lake Metropolitan Housing Authority. The Lake Metropolitan Housing Authority is looking for an exceptional, process-oriented administrative professional to provide complex, confidential, and varied administrative support to the Chief Executive Officer and Housing Authority management staff. Some evening work, including attending monthly Board of Commissioners meetings, is required.
The Executive Assistant will be responsible for a variety of day-to-day administrative and project coordination support work for the Chief Executive Officer, Board of Commissioners, and Housing Authority management staff. The work requires the frequent use of tact, discretion, independent judgment, knowledge of Housing Authority activities, and the ability to plan and conduct independent projects. The Executive Assistant is the first point of contact for the Chief Executive Officer and the public to resolve issues and concerns, assists in coordinating the Housing Authority’s Board of Commissioner meetings and supervises front office activities.
- High school diploma/GED from a standard or vocational school, supplemented by courses in business administration, public administration or related field. Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree a plus.
- 5 years’ experience in an executive administrative role involving participation in the planning and management of a business or government program.
- Will consider an equivalent combination of education and experience to meet the required knowledge, skills, abilities and competencies of the position.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise a high degree of discretion dealing with confidential matters.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to exercise good judgment and to interact with a variety of individuals with tact and courtesy.
- Analytical ability is required in order to gather and summarize data for reports, prioritize work and meet deadlines.
- Excellent organizational, project management and recordkeeping skills. Ability to take meeting minutes.
- Experience and interest in internal and external communications, partnership development, and fundraising.
- Excellent communication skills: verbal, written and presentation. Strong attention to grammar, spelling, punctuation and format of written communications.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Adobe Acrobat, and social media web platforms.
- Knowledge of general office equipment and systems and the ability to use, maintain and procure.
- Ability and willingness to work outside of regular work hours to attend monthly Board of Commissioners meetings and otherwise represent the CEO and the Lake MHA in the community.
- Confidential and ethical conduct, while living the values of teamwork and maintaining a customer-centered focus.
In addition to competitive salaries, Lake MHA offers an excellent benefits package including: medical, dental and vision coverage; PTO and paid holidays; compressed work week; life insurance and short term disability insurance; tuition reimbursement; Ohio Public Employee Retirement and deferred compensation. Please note that Lake MHA does not participate in Social Security.
Lake Metropolitan Housing Authority (Lake MHA) administers housing assistance for approximately 1,800 families throughout Lake County. This consists of two federal housing programs, the Housing Choice Voucher Program (formerly known as Section 8) and the Public Housing Program. These programs offer low and moderate income households the opportunity to rent affordable, decent, and safe housing. More importantly, Lake MHA provides these households a stable living environment in order for them to work towards economic self-sufficiency.
SALARY: Beginning at $40,000 commensurate with experience.
Please no walk-ins or telephone calls.
Candidates selected for initial telephone interviews will be contacted after May 29, 2018.
Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply, send resume to:
P.O. Box 837
Chardon OH 44024-0837