Online Pre-Application Instructions
Thank you for your interest in Lake MHA’s Housing Choice Voucher Program. Please read these instructions carefully.
- The pre-application must be completely and truthfully filled out. Leaving mandatory fields blank will prevent your pre-application from being submitted.
- Online Pre-applications will only be accepted during the open period which is: 8:00am EDT June 16, 2021, until 5:00pm EDT June 22, 2021, at which time the online link will be de-activated.
- 1500 pre-applications will be placed on the waiting list. If more than 1500 are submitted, a lottery system will be used to randomly select 1500 for placement on the waiting list.
- If you are a senior or have a disability and require assistance with completing your pre-application, questions may be directed to (440) 354-3347 ext. 23. TDD/TTY 711 or 800-750-0750. Leave a message and your call will be returned.
- You must be at least 18 years old to apply. One application per family is permitted.
- List all family members who will be living with you, by selecting “Add Member” and completing all fields.
- Please include all annual income for all household members listed on the pre-application.
- Carefully select the preferences that apply. Our preferences are:
- Families currently living in non-subsidized housing.
- Residency Preference: Families who live, work, or have been hired to work in Lake County.
- Families who are employed outside of Lake County. (Do not select this if you also selected the residency preference).
- Families whose head of household, spouse, or co-head are 62 years of age or older or considered disabled under federal law.
- Veteran preference: Families of honorably discharged veterans and active servicemen/servicewomen, including families of deceased veterans who were honorably discharged or killed in service.
- Victim of domestic violence: Families subjected to domestic violence by a family or household member in the past 24 months, who have been displaced because of fleeing violence. Families also qualify if they are currently living in a situation where they are subjected to, or victimized by, actual or threatened violence in the home.
- Displaced families from federally declared disaster areas.
- Non-elderly persons (18-61 years of age) with disabilities who have previously experienced homelessness and currently a client in a permanent supportive housing or rapid re-housing project.
- Family Unification Program Youth whose voucher is expiring and will have a lack of adequate housing because of voucher expiration.
Submission of Pre-application:
- When you are finished completing the pre-application, you must attest to the truthfulness and completeness of the information and hit save for your pre-application to be submitted. If missing information is identified, please complete what is missing and hit save.
- Beginning June 28, 2021, you may verify placement on the waiting list by checking the Lake MHA website, lakehousing.org. Click on: “Waiting List Status and Position Lookup.” Enter your social security number to view your confidential position on the waiting list. If no results are returned, your application was not selected for the waiting list. Due to the volume of calls we expect to receive and for confidentiality, please do not call the office for position look-up, as we will not be able to take your social security number over the phone.
- You are responsible for promptly notifying Lake MHA, in writing, of any changes to your application information, including address and phone number changes. Not doing so may result in your application being withdrawn. If your application is placed on the waiting list, written notification of changes should be sent to Lake MHA 189 First Street, Painesville, OH 44077 or faxed to 440-354-5008.
- Periodically, you will receive communication to update your information for Lake MHA, as well as when you are selected from the waiting list. Please respond to the communication promptly as instructed.
APPLY for Housing Choice Voucher Wait List – CLOSED